Monday, February 27, 2012

Smooth

In the last week I got some good workouts in despite being sick.  Last night I played some ball and everything felt much smoother then it has for quite awhile.  I was getting up for rebounds, blocking shots, blowing by guys and finishing at the rim.  I didn't attempt any jumps at the rim, I'll probably try some tonight.  I switched to my brother's shoes because I burst the Nike Air bubble in mine.  His are a size and a half smaller, so I had to curl my toes, but I felt wayyy quicker.  Next pair of shoes will definitely be much smaller.  

Tonight, I'll be doing the following workout-

Squat- 3x5.  Most likely with 230 lbs, as explosively as possible.  I bring it up into a calf raise on every rep.

Deadlift-3x5. 225lbs- I feel like I could lift more but my hands keep slipping off the bar.

Split squats- 3x5- not sure how much weight on these, we'll see

Sprints/Bounds- whatever reps I can do while still being explosive.

No comments:

Post a Comment