Workouts: P90x: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper, half of Plyo
I ripped through the first two. My goal is to keep a strong core which can only help my vertical. I tried Plyo barefoot and it was going great until I ripped the skin off the bottom of my toes. I'll try shoes next time, salty sweat on an open wound was not pleasant. I also did 6 or 7 high box jumps at random times to train my CNS to be more quick twitch and explosive.
Recovery\Supplements:
Fish Oil: I take up to 10 fish oil pills a day for various reasons. One benefit is vastly decreased soreness.
Contrast Shower:Going from hot to cold is supposed to cause blood vessels to expand and contract flushing out inflammation.
Castor Oil: After my shower I rubbed the oil into my feet, ankles, and calves. Check out earthclinic for the many ways this stuff can help.
Water: I try to drink at least 100 oz a day, and will be increasing.
Progress:
This day was about laying the framework for the future. My legs already look and feel a bit different from the Plyo
Random Notes:
I had to get a background check for coaching this morning. The lady said my finger prints were perfect and I'm still confused as to what that meant. There isn't any confusion about the perfection of Blake Griffin's posterizing of Kendrick Perkins. Perkins decided the chest shove was a good plan but Griffin just kept rising. Beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment