Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Overtraining

Day 12:
I have a burning desire to dunk.  Unfortunately, this desire is slightly sabotaging my chances at achieving that goal.  Everything I've read says to take breaks, to let my body recover.  I'm not sore(perhaps because of excessive amounts of fish oil) and it makes me think I'm not working hard enough.  So I continue to push.

Last night, I did chest and back then went straight to basketball practice.  Afterwards, I practiced finishing at a high level.  Not close to dunking yet, but the body control feels far better then it did and explosiveness is there that I haven't had in awhile.  I'm getting my fingers over the rim on my one-step, but I'm still a couple inches short on no-step.  My brother is getting within an inch or so of throwing it down.  The kid has hit 9 threes in a game this year and scored 42 to help pull out a tight overtime game.  He'll be dunking after the season is over without a doubt.

I did deadlifts and squats, and ran short burst sprints in the winter cold.  It felt refreshing.  Maybe tonight I'll take a break, I have a couple of games to coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment